Courtesy of Bill Dietrich
2 X 3.5# Briess Sorghum Syrup
1.5# Quinoa (toasted in oven at 350° for 30 minutes)
1 oz. Columbus hop pellets (14.2% a acid), in boil for 60 min.
1 oz. Saaz hop pellets (5.8% a acid) in boil for 15 min.
1 Whirlfloc tablet in boil for 15 min.
1 oz. Saaz hop pellets (5.8% a acid) in boil for 1 min.
1 oz. Saaz hop pellets (5.8% a acid) dry hop in secondary fermentation
Yeast: Danstar Windsor dry yeast, gluten-free
- Put 5 gal of water in brewpot and Quinoa in mesh bag. Turn on heat and heat to 170°F.
- Turn off heat and let steep for 30 min.
- Turn on heat, add 1.5 gal water and bring to boil.
- Add Columbus hops, boil for 45 minutes.
- Add 1 oz Saaz and whirlfloc tablet. Boil for 14 minutes.
- Add Saaz hops. Boil for 1 minute. Turn off heat and whirlpool.
- Cool. Rack into primary fermenter. Aerate and add yeast.
- Let ferment for a week.
- Put Saaz hops into mesh bag and place into secondary fermenter. Rack from primary to secondary. Let ferment a week.
- Bottle or keg as usual.